Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My New Life: Day Amháin

Dia duit do gach duine a léamh an bhlag seo! Well, yesterday was my first day in America. I like the country and all, but the family I'm staying with is ruining it! Here how the day went...

Hour amháin (noon):
Mrs. Westenra picks me and Eagon up from the airport. She looks nice. She has dark brown hair, blue eyes, and freckles that cover her arms and face.

Hour dhá:
We meet the Westenra children, Gillian (who's eleven) and Tate (who's one). Both of them look at us like we have two heads. "Ugh. Cén fáth go bhfuil siad chun fanacht le linn?" Gillian mutters, thinking I can't hear her. I was seriously thinking about telling her to éist a béal, but I was afraid I would be sent back to Ireland.

Hour trí:
I'm sharing a room with Gillian. Ugh.

Hour ocht:
Gillian is angry at me for mistaking a pair of her slippers for mine. Eagon and I decide to play with the baby. Eagon gets bitten, and I can't help but laugh. We have cál ceannann, which is mashed potatoes and kale.

Hour naoi:
I can FINALLY sleep despite hearing Gillian babbling on her phone.

As you can see, yesterday wasn't  the best day ever. And today, I'm going to school. Ohhh boy...

Dea-Slán!

2 comments:

  1. Dia duit, Breá!

    I LOVE cál ceannann! Kale is one of my favorite vegetables!

    It sounds like you had a very interesting first day in America! Hopefully Gillian will be nicer tomorrow. She might have just been nervous since this is her first day here, too!

    ~Saoirse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dea-lá, Saoirse!

      Although kale isn't one of my favorite vegetables, cál ceannann makes it delicious!

      Gillian was a little bit nicer to me at school, but only beecause more aadults were around. By the way, it was only the first day in the U.S. for me and Eagon. The Westenras have been in the States for ten years!

      -Breá

      Delete