Saturday, August 25, 2012

Cruinniú Breá (Verison Amháin)

Dea-tráthnóna, gach duine!

In my first post, I promised to tell more about myself. So...

I was born on New Year's Day of 1998. I am considered a nerd (which I am perfectly fine with :D ), and sometimes overly dramatic. I have been in America for about a week, and I was sent off by Máthair after she learned something... awful.

Three weeks ago, I was up in my bedroom, back home. "An féidir leat teacht síos anseo, Breá?"

"Sea, mam," I yelled downstairs. Máthair was at the kitchen table, looking very depressed. "Cad atá cearr, Máthair?" I asked cautiously.

Máthair let out a long sigh. "Ná glaoch orm 'mháthair.'" She says.

Before I can ask why, Máthair turns grey and mutters, "Nach bhfuil tú mo iníon."

"Cad é? Tá mé!" I exclaimed, hoping she was playing some cruel joke. How could the woman I have called my mam for so long not be?! But Máthair just shakes her head.

"No, nach bhfuil tú." She says. "Bhí tú athraigh bhealach sa bharda plandlainne."

This didn't make any sense. Switched???

"Oh," is all I can think to say. On my way back upstairs, I feel hot and dizzy. For the next two weeks, Máthair made arrangements for me to go to the U.S. with Eagon Tate, who's aunt (Mrs. Westenra) is my godmother.

As I packed, every day I wondered what my real parents were like. Did they ever notice their real daughter was taken home with another couple? While all this was happening, Athair tried to convince me that this might not be so bad. "Is féidir leat Skype i gcónaí nó litreacha a scríobh," he'd say.

Oh well. Nothing I can do about it now. I sometimes dream about my birth parents, what they might be like.

Now, more positive things about me!

My favorite food is Athair's breakfast blaa (pronounced blah), which he filled with scrambled eggs, sausage, and sometimes potatoes. My favorite thing to do it my free time is to play chess with Eagon, Mrs. Westenra, or sometimes even Gillian. And for some reason, I cannot STAND being around anything that has dots. Mr. Westenra jokes that this is a 'serious biological problem.'

Dea-Slán!

2 comments:

  1. Dia duit, Breá!

    I can't believe you were switched at birth! It seems like you took that news very well. I would be absolutely crushed!
    ;(

    *hugs*
    ~Saoirse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dea-lá, Saoirse!

      I couldn't believe it, either! It seems like I took it well, but to be honest, I cried in my room for hours. I'm not telling Eagon about it, but his company makes things a lot better!

      -_-

      -Breá

      Delete