Friday, August 24, 2012

Istra Istrinskii and Rachel Morris

Dia duit ar an domhan agus gach duine a léamh mo bhlag!


Okay, surely you guys remember Istra and Rachel from this post? It's alright if you don't ! ;)


Anyways, I'm in charge of teaching Rachel (who's from 1918 Brooklyn) how to use modern technology.

"Okay, so listen. Now, you click the button on the right. See?" I explained calmly.


Rachel raised an eyebrow. "Button?" She shakes her her head. "There are no buttons!"


"Yes there are. There right here!" I point to the right button.


"You said it was called a 'click.'" Rachel says.


I let my breath out. "No, I didn't!"


Rachel nods. "Yes, you did! You said 'Now, use the right click,' or something like that!"

Tá sí ag dul a thiomáint dÚsachtach dom! I think.
"Listen. It is called a button. Okay?" I'm trying to keep my patience.


"Then say that in the first place."

My face burns hot. This goes on for a while, and reaches its peak when Rachel says, "IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW, DON'T BOTHER TRYING TO TEACH ME!" And stomped off.


"Fine!" I say. "Má tá tú ag dul chun dul isteach ar fud an domhain ag gníomhú mar sin, ansin breá!"
I wish I could've taken that back. A few girls giggle, but they don't look at me.

"Glupaya devochka." Istra whispers.
Stupid girl. I wanted to yell at Istra that I wasn't as stupid as she thought I was. But I keep quiet, as usual.

At home, Gillian is mean to me as usual.

Eagon is in the living room, studying for a math quiz. "Dia duit, Breá!"

"Dea-lá," I sigh.

Eagon plops himself on the couch next to me. "Cad atá cearr? Agus ná a rá sé rud ar bith," he says sternly.

"Gach rud! An tír nua, Istra, Gillian a bheith chomh ... neamh-íogair!" I yell, leaving out the part about Future Breá. "Níl mé ag iarraidh a bheith anseo, Eagon! Ba mhaith liom a bheith in Éirinn! Le mo theaghlach fíor..." my voice trails off and I burst into tears.

Eagon holds me close to him, whispering "It's okay," when I know it's not. When my crying dies down a bit, he is staring straight at me.

"What?" I ask quietly.

He holds his head down, supposedly so Gillian won't hear. "Mé ag iarraidh a insint duit seo ar feadh na mblianta, ach ..." Eagon quiets his voice. "Tú mo ghrá, Breá."

My eyes get big. For whatever reason, I can't look at him without my body going all warm. Mo dhia! Eagon grá liom! Tá sé seo amhlaidh aisteach! Chun cé chomh fada? Wonder mé ...


As you can see, yesterday was quite, ummm, interesting.

Dea-Slán!

2 comments:

  1. Dia duit, Breá!

    Your life in America keeps getting more and more interesting! I can't believe Eagon told you that. Living in the same is going to be soooo awkward!

    I hope all ends well! (:

    ~Saoirse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dea-lá, Saoirse!

      For the first time, I'm actually wishing for my life to be boring. I can't believe it, either! I'm alright with it (sort of), just as long as Gillian doent find out!

      -Breá

      Delete