Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dia Duit!

Dia duit ar an domhan! I am Breá Murchú, a thirteen year old doll from County Down, Ireland.

You may not know this, but my name, Breá, is Irish for 'love.' The strange thing is, Máthair, my mom, made plans to ship me off to the States after learning some devastating news. There isn't much love in my family right now.

On a more positive note, I am on the plane now, heading for a new life. I am with my cara is fearr, Eagon. He is my favorite person in the world! He's known me since we were toddlers. If he weren't here now, I probably would've had a heart attack (I've never been on a plane before)!

"Ó, Eagon! Cad a tharlaíonn má théann rud éigin mícheart, andd ní féidir linn a dhéanamh?" I whined.

Eagon chuckles, but looks solemn. "Beidh Ní dhéanfaidh aon ní a tharlóidh, Breá. Iontaobhas dom. Ná bíodh imní ort."

I smile at him. He didn't seem to notice that I had grabbed his hand.
(BTW, sorry this was such a short post! I plan to write more about me soon)
Dea-Slán!

2 comments:

  1. Dia duit, Breá!

    It's really nice to meet someone else from Ireland! I also used to live in Ireland until I was 8 years old. Irish is my first language, and it's what my parents and I speak at home. I can't wait to read more of your blog posts!

    ~Saoirse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dea-lá!

      It is nice to meet someone from your home country! It remindds me of how nice the people were at home.

      -Breá

      Delete