Friday, September 14, 2012

Enough is Enough

Dia duit do gach duine seo a léamh blog post olc.

Sorry for the solemn greeting, but excamation points just aren't in my typing vacabulary right now.

Eagon is still missing, and no one seems to notice. Not Gillian, not Mrs. Westenra, not even baby Tate, who has stopped yelling "Ee-gon!"

To make matters worse, Istra is being... weird. She has stopped insulting me, my accent, and my wild mane of curls. In fact, she hasn't said anything for the past few days.

In fact, earlier today, Istra spotted me walking around the block, which is my favorite pastime.

"Breá!" She shouted. "Idi syuda. Come here." Her black eyes were wide and serious. I slowly walked up to her, feeling very small.

"What?" I asked. And then, Istra said something that (almost) made me shriek with delight. "I know where Eagon is." Before I could ask where, I spotted a girl who looks just like me across the street. Istra sees her too and says, "Walk." Future me attempts to run after us, but Istra grabs my wrist and begins to sprint.

After a while, future-Breá. Gave up and went away. But right after she does, Istra sighs and says, "I must go now. But I'll be back."

*Fast forwarding to eight in the a.m.*

I was in the kitchen, doing nothing in particular, when Gillian walked in. "Are you sure you don't know about Eagon??" I blurt out.

She smiles. "Nope. But he might be dead!"

I scowl at her, but this makes Gillian happier!

"D-E-A-D! Duh-ED! Dead! Ha ha ha!"

"Ceart go leor! Sin é!" I yell. This startled Gillian, but not for very long. I kick her as hard as I can, right under her kneecap, and thankfully, she falls flat.

Stomp! Stomp! Stomp! I go up the stairs, grabbing my favorite purple jacket and the "Infinity Journal" that I have written in every day for the past 2,556 days I've had it. I stomp back down the stairs, and this time, out the door, not planning on coming back.

"Privyet, glupaya devochka." Istra's voice startles me. "Wha-? How?!" She smiles, which is rare. Then, she holds her head down slightly.

"You are watching us! Let's go!" I understand imediately, and the two of us run until we reach a nice-sized house, which I assumed was Istra's. She took the key that was around her neck on some sort of chain and unlocks the door. "Mama already knows and understands you situation, as the other you told us." she explains. "So you will stay with us." Istra smiles again.

And so, here I am in Istra's room, posting this... strangeness. Everything happened so quickly! At least I am with people who actually understand what's going on. I feelt a bit better now :)

Deá-Slan!

2 comments:

  1. Dia duit, Breá!

    O.O!!! That's really strange! I really hope everything returns to normal soon, and I hope you find Eagon!

    Also, I nominated you for the Versatile Blog Award! I LOVE reading your blog every time you have a new post, and thought it definitely deserved the award! You can read the post on my blog to see the requirements. Congrats!!!

    ~Saoirse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dea-lá, Saoirse!

      I hope I find him, too!

      Thatnks so much! :D I'd nominate you if I could!

      -Breá

      Delete